Thursday 17 November 2011

O is for....

Onion
Orange
Olive
Otaheite apple
Onion

Have I eaten any of these before?
Everything except an "Otaheite Apple"... seem to remember a reference from a novel? Cue Google again...

"a Polynesian tree (Spondias cytherea) having a fruit with sweet edible flesh and turpentine-flavored rind" (Ref: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/otaheite%20apple)

They look like a delicious combination of an apple and a pear. I'm sure I read about them in the novel "The Pirate's Daughter" by Margaret Cezair-Thompson - I mention the book because i really enjoyed it! (yes, if you know me personally, you can borrow it!) - it sounds like Mills&Boon but it's not at all like that!



Hero of the day?
I suppose I should continue with the Otaheite Apple? Apparently they are not only great for baking but could be used as a remedy for diabetes and constipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment