Thursday 3 July 2014

Creative Cooking #100creativedays Day 71

Exhausted and drifting off... I keep imagining a morning where I might sleep in...one day... Or an early night. Gosh.
 
I whipped up a little Mexican feast for The Mutual Friends, a motley crew of The Squire's friends who I have come to love as my own... Hee hee.
 
They have had a standing reservation at a local Mexican restaurant for years, but things have been weird with service and short paying - too political for the average person. I have a standing Wednesday commitment of my own so hardly ever get a chance to see this group. With the assurance that 75% of them are now boycotting the whole get together, I needed a plan.
 
So The Squire and I hosted a Mexican dinner at home for a total steal of R30 a head towards costs.
Honestly I blew my own socks off! With a slim budget, I served up:

Corn Chowder
Cheesy nachos
Chilli Con Carne
Beans
Fixings for borrittos (cheese, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce)
 
And sweet almond sugar cookies known as "Mexican Wedding Cakes"
 
OK I fell asleep for a few moments now, enjoy photos.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment