Monday 14 July 2014

Us Two #100creativedays Day 82

My head is full and has ached since yesterday. As much as I think that I'm stuck in my own pain and disappointment, I've had some really painful tales shared with me lately.

Are we all just water lilies floating on a dark pond? If you try and pick us up out of the water you will see our soggy roots, all entwined.

Families who don't love each other and tear holes in the ones they claim to love? Religious groups turning their backs on their own and punish free choice. People pushed away as if they don't matter. Lovers who fall out of love and lie.

I've decided to rewatch the 1st season of Hannibal before I launch into the 2nd season. It lead me along a disturbing line of googling. Human eyes are too acidic and will make you sick if you ate them... Brains would keep you full for longer but are high risk for making you crazy. (As if being a cannibal wasn't crazy enough?)

Anyway, my point, the idea of eating chunks out of each other is repulsive, but we rip each other apart on an emotional and spiritual level. I wish we could love each other, but it seems so far fetched. Doesn't life hurt us enough without us trying to destroy each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment