Friday 4 July 2014

Say it now #100creativedays Day 72

Every so often I try to spread some love and joy. Usually by random whatsapp message. It isn't difficult and you will be surprised by the results. Since I have been more intentional about it and started listening to my intuition, I've had a surprising number of friends commenting on my well timed messages!
 
An easy way to start is with "good night" or "good morning" messages. I love these kinds of messages, especially when I'm single because it is a very typical "couple" kind of thing. Why not let a friend that they were on your mind just before you drift off or the first person you thought of in the morning. Add a term of endearment, if appropriate! If you dreamt of a friend and it wasn't an awkward dream, tell them.
 
"Good morning beautiful, I dreamt that we were judges on talent show for penguins... How weird?"
 
Another lovely way to brighten someone else's day is with a quote. If you go with cheesy, make it super ironically cheesy. I prefer a more sincere or spiritual quote, or anything about cats ;)
I also enjoy a random "I love you" message. I honestly say it very often, but I mean it. If you love someone, why shouldn't they know? OK again, where appropriate... Don't text your friend's partner a random "I love you"... Unless you're super tight... Even then, read the situation.
 
Message an old friend now...make their day!
 
Done? Now spread it further, be friendly to cashiers and petrol attendants, even the Big Issue seller... Just smile, say thank you, comment on the weather, sympathise with a late shift - anything, just treat them as equals.
 
Do all of this without agenda or expectation of reciprocity. Spread love and save the world.
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment