Saturday 12 July 2014

Sunsoaked #100creativedays Day 81

I got home from pricing cameras and found Arizona stretched out in a sunny spot on the couch. I snugged up next to her and showered her warm fur with kisses. Not sure if it was the kisses, the selfies or just me hogging the couch, but she's run off and I've claimed her spot.
So blissful. I'm having fantasies of installing heat lamps above my bed for night time replication of this feeling. I feel so content.
Days full of bitter sweet contrasts. Feeling love at your finger tips, but also the ache of love lost. Sunshine in winter...
I've mentioned my obsession with Rod McKuen? His poetry is full of sun, love and nostalgia. I think of his work on days like this. I grab my worn volume of poetry and read his beautiful words.
Maybe I need to snooze here...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment