Sunday 20 July 2014

Domestic Bliss #100creativedays Day 89

I'm finding so much joy lately in cooking, baking, sorting and just making our home perfect.

I suppose I get the urge every so often to sort, purge, rearrange and scrub. Maybe its seasonal? Maybe an outward manifestation of how I'm doing the same emotionally and spiritually. Getting my house in order, as it were.

I made a pot of butternut soup that will sort out our lunches for the next two days. Butternut is Dukan friendly, tasty and cheap. I portion out servings into glass jars. I screw the lids on while the soup is still hot for a super tight seal - ensuring freshness and no drips. I know The Squire gets ragged a bit at work, but jars of soup are the way forward... And jealousy is rife in the plastic-lunch-box-boring-sarmie ranks.

I get a feeling of satisfaction from "looking after" The Squire... Yes, I might put women's lib back a few years, but I'm taking good care of myself too.

I also derive weird joy out of folding laundry. Maybe it stems back to it being my main chore when I was little? Sorting was always a good way to keep me busy. Or my retail background and the strange zen of folding shirts with military precision? Who knows? I like folding, The Squire loves ironing... We really have the perfect set up.

I also pottered around on the balcony, checking on my plants, tidying up empty pots, putting aside a pile of pots for charity.

I sorted some of my grocery cupboards too, and the fridge. Everything feels fresh and neat.

Now I can rest comfortably under fresh bedding too... Mmmm... I love it when I've been in housewife mode... Makes me fall quite in love with myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment