Monday 21 July 2014

Heritage #100creativedays Day 90

I went onto the website of a rather posh international brand today, and the surname of their South African MD caught my eye. Its the same as mine. Someone else in their management team has the same surname too.

Thanks to the wonder of the internet, in under 5 minutes I knew where he'd grown up, where he lives now and seen photos of his family. His son seems to have the family nose. His birth place matches the legends of where "we" landed in South Africa. Could it be...

My mom has done some investigation into our family trees. I feel very compelled to further the research. I have some pretty insane online stalker skills... Shall I add this to my growing list of future projects?
I feel strangely excited at the prospect. Like a journalist...

No comments:

Post a Comment